Internal Medicine Treatment At Valley Medical Clinic
Here at Valley Medical Clinic, we practice internal medicine to better suit your family’s needs. Our doctor and staff have gone through clinical training and schooling to treat and diagnose common and complex medical conditions efficiently. After their three-month internal medicine residency, lead physician Dr. Muñoz chose to specialize in internal medicine. This means that no matter what your medical needs are, we can help.
What is Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine comes from the German word Innere Medizin, which dates back to the 1800s. By combining knowledge from the sciences of bacteriology, physiology, and pathology into their treatments, practitioners were able to focus on inner diseases instead of external causes, hence the title of internal doctors or internists.
This continues today as internal medicine focuses on cholesterol problems, blood pressure, diabetes, and so on. Our internal medicine professionals are trained to help patients with whatever problems they have; no matter how unusual, complex, or simple, the symptoms might be. Our doctor’s training and experience are focused on solving puzzling diagnostic problems. We also work at identifying where several types of illnesses can arise at once. Our attentiveness to every probable issue is some of the best in El Paso.
Internal Medicine Services We Provide
Here at Valley Medical Clinic, we provide a wide range of internal medicine services, including:
- Diabetic treatment
- Cholesterol control
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Allergy treatment
- Sinus infections
- Stress tests
- Holter monitoring
- Physical exams
- Annual exams
Call us for any further insight on possible treatments and to set up an appointment today.
Conditions We Treat
We treat several different types of internal medicine, including:
- Acute respiratory infections – Respiratory infections include anything involving the upper and lower respiratory tracts. This consists of the trachea, bronchial tubes, lungs, ear, nose, throat, and sinuses. Antibiotics are typically necessary with additional infections or causes.
- Asthma – An inhaler or other medications may be prescribed depending on the severity.
- Bronchitis – We provide treatment for anything from acute to chronic symptoms.
- Chest Pains – We help treat a variety of chest pains and prescribe therapies to identify the underlying cause.
- Diabetes – Insulin shots may be prescribed depending on the type of diabetes.
- Fatigue – A physical examination and blood tests may be required.
- High Blood Cholesterol – Treatment may involve dietary changes, exercise, and weight loss.
- Hypertension – Treatment may involve dietary changes, exercise, and weight loss.
- Hypothyroidism – A blood test and some medication may be prescribed.
- Influenza – Annual flu vaccines are the best preventive measures.
- Menopause – Treatment depends on the symptoms, hormone therapy, or non-hormonal medications that may also be helpful.
- Osteoarthritis – Treatment may include medication for pain, dietary changes, and exercise.
- Pneumonia – Vaccines are the most likely treatment
If you are experiencing an illness that wasn’t listed here, then you can give us a call so we can see how to assist you further.
Benefits of Choosing Our Clinic
Here at Valley Medical Clinic, we care about our patients and try to make the process as seamless as possible. As a non-discriminatory clinic, we focus on the community of El Paso and strive for excellence and fair treatment. By working with El Paso’s LBGTQ community, we’ve become one of the safest, most reassuring clinics around. We also take pride in assisting the underserved of El Paso because we believe everyone deserves fair medical treatment. You have the benefit of our staff taking care of you and your family when you walk through our doors.
Insurances We Accept
We accept most major insurances, for any questions if we accept your health insurance call our offices at (915) 592-8223.
We currently do not accept Oscar or Humana. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Start Your Path To Better Health Now
Whatever the problem or symptoms you are having, Valley Medical Clinic is here to help. Our highly trained and experienced staff can help understand unknown underlying conditions and begin treatment. We welcome patients of all ages and will work with you to understand the entire process. If you have any questions, reach out and give us a call today.